Many marketers have embraced the idea of digital marketing as the most effective way to bring traffic to their website. But while some people get over their anxiety that they are out of the loop on the latest trends, others still keep asking the question “what is digital marketing?” In order to help you get more familiar with what digital marketing is and the impact it has on your business, here are some of the different types of digital marketing you can use today.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a major part of the digital marketing plan for any online business. Your website needs to be optimized to rank highly in the search engines for specific keywords. This is done through tools that search engines use to rank sites, like the Meta tags.
- Social Media Marketing is another method of digital marketing that can be used by businesses. The various social media outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, have become indispensable tools to many online businesses because of the use of these tools to make sales. These types of services allow businesses to connect with their customers directly.
- Engagement Marketing is where customers are encouraged to interact with the business in order to create customer relationships. By setting up in-person or virtual customer meetings, businesses can gain a significant amount of trust from their customers. This type of marketing allows customers to experience a higher level of service through conversation.
- Offline marketing involves the use of promotional items that are presented to customers in the physical world. Examples of this type of marketing include T-shirts, pens, and promotional coasters. An advantage of offline marketing is that it doesn’t require an in-person presence.
- Branding is one of the oldest forms of advertising that’s still used today. This form of marketing focuses on creating a very distinctive and recognizable identity for your business through certain branding choices. One example of this form of marketing is using the logos and symbols found on the products of the store or company you’re working with. These logos can then be placed on the website of your website, providing a different and personalized look for your site.
- Email marketing is a very important part of digital marketing. By sending emails that are designed to be sent to a specific group of people, marketers can bring in a new targeted audience that will eventually become your potential clients. Additionally, email marketing is often used as a tool for customer relationship management.
- Search Engine Marketing is an important part of your online business. When your website ranks high in the search engines, you will get a greater amount of targeted traffic. The ideal way to do this is to use pay per click, or PPC advertising.
Since the Internet is so dynamic, the cost of pay per click can vary significantly from company to company. One way to save money is to buy into bidding through a popular service. With this type of strategy, you can rank high in the search engines with your keywords but pay only for your position, rather than a fixed cost per click.
Search engine optimization can include paid search, sponsored searches, and organic search. Paid search is where companies pay to display their banner advertisements on a site or to a page within a site. They advertise and get the information that visitors are looking for.
Sponsored searches are a great option for those who want to increase their exposure to their online business. Typically, you will find that these ads are displayed in a site’s search results when they are looking for particular products. This type of advertising is similar to paid search, but instead of paying for placement in the search results, the advertiser pays a higher price in order to drive more traffic to their website.
The many different types of digital marketing you can use today will go a long way in helping your business grow. It will give you more customers for less money, increase your ability to drive traffic, and get your brand recognized online. The tools and resources available for anyone looking to use digital marketing today are amazing.